- 1 can white canelli beans Ingredients
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped (divided)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken breasts
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Combine the beans, chicken broth, garlic and half the onions in a large soup pot; bring to a boil.
In a skillet, saute the remaining onions in the oil until tender. Add the chilies and the cumin, oregano, cloves and cayenne; mix thoroughly and add to the pot with the bean mixture. Add the shredded chicken, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
Serve topped with grated cheese.
Variation: For a buffet, serve chicken chili with some or all of the following: chopped tomatoess, chopped parsley, chopped ripe olives, guacamole, chopped scallions, sour cream, crumbled tortilla chips and salsa. Also great with corn bread!” (per foodnetwork.com)