The Seahawks are really on a roll now. This victory over the Bears is their 5th in the last 6 games, and gets them up to 7-7 on the season. The Seahawks also passed the Bears and Giants in the standing today, and now sit at #7 in the NFC standings. They still need help (especially from the Raiders this afternoon against the Lions) but at least they are making it interesting.
Not many game notes today. Dish Network screwed up and didn’t give me the Seahawks game, so I had to listen to the game on the radio.I don’t want to make too many comment before I can see the game film, and that doesn’t become available until after the SNF game. But lets get to the game notes:
- The Seahawks outscored the Bears 31-0 in the 2nd half. That’s a stat that speaks for itself.
- Marshawn Lynch went over the 1000 yard mark. It the first Seahawks to rush for over 1000 since Shawn Alexander in the 2005 superbowl year.
- Lynch actually broke the 1000 yard mark 3 times. The first 2 times, he lost yards on his next run and went back under 1000.
- The Bears really seemed to sell out against the run today. The game turned in the Seahawks favor when Jackson began to beat them with his arm.
- The Seahawks forced 5 turnovers, and returned 2 for touchdowns.
- Anytime a 330 pounder like Red Bryant can score a TD, all NFL fans should cheer. Those plays are awesome. This is from Asthmagirl on twitter: “No one “high steps” like Big Red!”
- Just 6 penalties for 36 yards today. That’s 2 of the last 3 games in which the Seahawks kept the penalties down. That is a very good sign.
- Chris Clemons with 2 more sacks. That 11 on the year.
- WR Mike Williams broke his ankle and is out for the year.