The offseason workouts aren’t a time when teams find answers. As fans, I think we’d all like to have some answers by now: Who’s going to be the starting QB, or Starting LG? Is Bruce Irvin more than just a 1-trick pony? Can Barrett Ruud and Bobby Wagner provide a much needed upgrade at LB? We’d love to have those answers, but that just isn’t how it works it the NFL.
Instead, the Seahawks begin their final 3 days of offseason practice with many more questions then answers. So as the practices begin later today, here are the things I’ll be watching for:
- Which QB has the edge? Are Jackson and Wilson still throwing interceptions at a high rate? Does Matt Flynn look like he has a firm grasp on the job, or are the reports of him being “in the lead” just wishful thinking by those who are watching?
- Who’s getting the first team reps at LG, Paul McQuistan or Deuce Latui?
- Is Chris Clemons present, or should we begin to worry that the contract situation will cause some problems?
- If Clemons is present, how many first team reps does Bruce Irvin get?
- Who’s the nickel back? Marcus Trufant appears to have the inside track (at least until Winston Guy gets healthy) but can a younger player step up and challenge him?
- What will Brian Banks do?
Here’s one last thing to think about, we are just 2 months away from the first pre-season game against Matt Hasselbeck and the Titans. Football just can’t return fast enough.