Another week, and another position group getting their Madden 13 ratings revealed. This time, it’s the pass catchers. It should be no surprise that Calvin Johnson is the #1 player on the list, or that he’s got the highest possible rating in the game. He is on the cover.
The only real surprises here are the TEs Gronk is a great receiving threat, but as a TE he should also be grading on his blocking, which isn’t great. The Saint’s Jimmy Graham is less dynamic of a player, but is much more complete for his position. Vernon Davis is eternally overrated, but that’s nothing new. I can’t say I’m surprised that he is where he is.
No Seahawks on this list, but I can’t say I’m surprised. Only player who might be close to getting on here is Sydney Rice, and his injuries last season suppressed his stats enough that I don’t expect him to have elite ratings in this year’s game.
- Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions, 99 overall
- Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots, 97 overall
- Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals, 97 overall
- Andre Johnson, Houston Texans, 97 overall
- Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers, 95 overall
- Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints, 95 overall
- Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers, 95 overall
- Wes Welker, New England Patriots, 95 overall
- Roddy White, Atlanta Falcons, 94 overall
- Hakeem Nicks, New York Giants, 94 overall
Tags: Madden 13