Down 13 in the 4th quarter, and with the offense unable to do anything since the first quarter ended, the game looked like it was going to be an textbook New England victory. Not so fast Patriot fans. The Seahawks had a clutch drive, ending in Braylon Edwards TD on 4th and goal that got the Seahawks to within 6.
The Seahawk Defense then got a stop, and got the ball back to the offense. And the offense responded with a 3 and out. Again it looked like the Seahawks simply were going to come up short. But the defense did it’s thing. If forced a huge 3 and out and got the ball back for the offense, and Leon Washington had a huge punt return to give the offense a chance. All it took was a Russell Wilson bomb to Sydney Rice for a 46 yard TD to give the Seahawks a lead and the win.
This game was one of the most exciting Seahawk games we’ve seen in a long time.
- Seahawk offense looked amazing in the first quarter. 10 points. 131 passing yards. It was excellent.
- The Seahawks offense in the 2nd and third quarters was abismal. There’s no other way to describe it.
- Then suddenly, in the 4th quarter, the Seahawk offense came alive and won the game when it had to.
- So what happened in quarters 2 and 3? why can’t success be sustained? More to come on that later this week.
- Marshawn Lynch had 15 yards for 47 yards. Not the type of performance you’d expect from Beast Mode.
- The Patriots game plan was clearly to stop Lynch and make Wilson have to beat them. How’d that work out?
- Wilson’s final stat line: 16/27 for 297 yard, 3 TD and zero interceptions. 133.7 rating.
- This offense is better when Braylon Edwards sees the field. Why he hasn’t played the last 4 weeks is one of the greatest mysteries in Seattle.
- The Patriots only had four 3-and-outs all year, then had 2 on their final 2 drives.
- The defense gave up a ton of yards but made the plays they had to. They kept the Seahawks in the game with those 2 interceptions.
- The Defense will likely face some scrutiny this week after all those yards they gave up. Just don’t forget that Brady and the Patriots offense is the best in the NFL. Not just statistically, they’re just damn good. Only giving up 23 points, even though the Pats had good field position all day, thats a damn good performance.
- Richard Sherman is making a case for defensive player of the year. Might be best CB in the league right now. He keeps making plays.
- Seahawks only had 4 penalties for 35 yards. That is a trend that needs to continue.
- Seahawks ost the time of possession battle only having the ball for 26:00. I honestly didn’t think the Seahawks would win had they not had the ball over about 35 minutes. Shows a big improvement.