This week’s injury report is complex as one might expect going into week 16. The combination of end of season stress on athletes and seasonal illness is playing a role in preparing players for this vital Sunday Night Football matchup.
Seahawks Thursday Report:
Richard Sherman – did not practice – not injury related
Robert Turbin – did not practice – illness
Leon Washington – did not practice – illness
Walter Thurmond and Marcus Trufant – did not practice (wed or thurs) – Hamstring
Sidney Rice – did not practice – knee (wed or thurs)
Jeron Johnson – did not practice – groin (thurs)
Alan Branch – moved from did not practice to full practice between wed and thurs – ankle
Marshawn Lynch – moved from limited practice to full practice between wed and thurs – back
49ers Thursday Report:
Clark Haggens and Justin Smith did not practice wed or Thursday, shoulder and elbow respectively
Ahmed Brooks, Tarell Brown, Mario Manningahm, Bruce Miller and Alden Smith – limited practice – shoulder
Tavares Gooden – limited practice – ribs
Will Takuafu – limited practice – concussion
David Akers, Alex Boone, NaVarro Bowmen, Frank Gore, Mike Lupati, Carlos Rogers, Dashon Goldson and Patrick Willis were full practice both weds and thurs.
Team Transactions (last seven days):
- The Seahawks placed DE Jason Jones on injured reserve and signed DT Hebron Fangupo from the practice squad to active roster.
- Signed WR Bryan Walters to the practice squad.
- Signed LB Kyle Knox to Practice Squad.
- Released TE Evan Moore. Signed TE Sean McGrath from practice squad.
- Released WR Lavasier Tuinei from the Practice Squad and signed DE Monte Taylor to the Practice Squad.
- Placed WR Charly Martin on Reserve/Injured list. Signed WR Deon Butler to Active Roster.
Expect DTs Greg Scruggs, Hebron Fangupo and Jaye Howard to play significant roles in Sunday’s matchup at the Clink! and Jaye Howard to play significant roles in Sunday’s matchup at the Clink!