Bring on Atlanta. What a great win for the Seahawks today. This game was closer than it needs to be, but a win is a win. I’ll take it.
Before I get to my game notes, I want to say how impressed I am of the Seahawk’s resolve and ability to turn the game around after falling behind early. The 1st quarter was a disaster, but the Seahawks refocussed and dominated the last 45 minutes. I’m not surprised, but still impressed.
- Russell Wilson certainly didn’t have his best game, which is kinda scary when you consider his stat line: 15 of 26, 176 yards, 1 TD, zero picks and a 92.9 rating.
- My game ball goes to Lynch. 19 carries for 131 yards and TD. He also had 18 more after picking up the Wilson fumble.
- Zach Miller led all receivers with 4 catches for 48 yards. Its good to see him involved in the offense.
- The Seahawks had 224 yards rushing.
- Russell Wilson on his big block downfield block on Lynch’s TD: “Marshawn always tell me, ‘Russ, I got your back’, and I let him know I had his back too.”
- Bruce Irvin had a great game. He only had 1 tackle (his sack) but he was all over the place and was very disruptive.
- Alan Branch was the difference maker on defense. Bryant and Mebane didn’t have great games, but Branch was a huge force in the middle and more than made up for it, at least after the 1st quarter.
- Morris ended with 16 carries for only 80 yards. It sure felt like it was going to be more than that, but the Seahawks really slowed him down, especially in the 2nd half.
- The Redskins had just 99 passing yards. That stat speaks for itself.
- It’s too bad that the votes for rookie of the year were all cast before this game. Wilson was the better QB today, and I think it would have influenced the voters.
- 4 penalties for 30 yards. Almost all of them early in the game. I can live that. A good clean game by the Seahawks.
- I’m worried about Chris Clemons. If he’s injured as bad as it seemed, it’ll be a tough loss for the Seahawks.
- I’m even more worried about Steven Hauschka. If this game had come down to a late FG, it would have been tough to have confidence in an injured kicker.