- I’ve been watching some Percy Harvin highlights today just for the fun of it and let me tell you, his speed simply jumps off the tape. I watched some Vikings tape before the Seahawks played them last season, and don’t remember being this impressed with his speed. Apparently I wasn’t watching that closely.
- Long Snapper Clint Grasham is a RFA and was tendered a contract. I’m fairly confident that he’ll sign it, setting him up to be an unrestricted free agent next year. How awesome would it be to see a team use the franchise tag on a long snapper? Seriously, I think that would be amusing to no end. Ultimately though, the average of the top 5 players at his position would likely still be the league minimum, which makes it even more entertaining to me.
- With Harvin’s contract added to the books, I believe the Seahawks now have the league’s most expensive offense. They also have a very underpaid defense. Something will have to give next off-season.
- Leon Washington told Sirius Radio this morning that the Seahawks had a trade offer from Tampa for the kick returner, but Leon asked if he could be released instead. He wanted to pick his own team, and possibly find a contract situation that would make it tougher for a team to cut him after training camp. John Schneider agreed to Leon’s request, and released him. That’s a classy move by Schneider.
- Cliff Avril’s contract is a huge risk, for Avril. He was the best the edge rusher on the market, but didn’t find the massive payday he was looking for. So Avril took less money for less years to come to Seattle. He’s banking on getting a gazillion sacks coming off the edge in the Leo spot over the next 2 years, and then hitting the free agent market again when he’s 28 and cashing in. I hope it works out for him, because that means the Seahawks got a gazillion sacks at a bargain price.
Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":