The Matt Flynn trade is now finally behind us. With no other Seahawks related news out there to analyze, I found myself mentally pontificating on a number of semi-random mostly Seahawks related topics. I figured it would be fun to share a few of them.
Of course, I should also mention that I am currently sick with a very bad case of the flu, or something similar. The cold medications have me occasionally wondering if I’m still capable of lucid thoughts. So don’t take anything below too seriously.
- 2 names I keep hearing that the Seahawks are thinking about bringing in for the backup QB spot are Tyler Thigpen and Matt Leinart. These are 2 very different players in terms of the style of game they are capable of playing.
- The Seahawks need a backup QB. Tim Tebow is available. Anyone that suggests the Seahawks should acquire Tebow deserves to get smacked upside the head. Hey, we were all thinking it. Don’t blame me for being the one who said it out loud.
- A name that I keep expecting to hear, but haven’t as of yet from people who have connections to the team, is Vince Young. It looks like Young’s time in the NFL might officially be over.
- Why do we use the saying “see if he has any tread left on the tires” every time a team works out an older player? You know what tires have no tread? Racing tires. Are teams checking to see if the player has suddenly gotten faster?
- Brian Urlacher was seen at Sea-Tac airport. Everybody panic! Tim Booth was told that he’s not in town to visit with the Seahawks.
- Have you every wondered what the color blue would taste like? I’m pretty sure that’s the only way to describe these cough drops.
- Another bad tire-related cliche for older players is “kick the tires.” Who does that? And what possible information could you get from this test? “Ah ha! you said is was a Mustang, but I kicked the tire. My foot told me it was, in fact, a Pinto! You scoundrel!” I kicked a car’s tire once when I was a kid. I think I remember getting yelled at for it.
- The Cardinals have cut John Skelton, and traded for Carson Palmer. No matter who wins their QB battle this spring, it’ll be the 4th straight year with a new starting QB.
- The 49ers traded for Colt McCoy for reasons that I simply don’t understand. Some have suggested that the deal was mostly to block Seattle from getting him, and for that we should all say thank you. If that is indeed the case, the 49ers did the Seahawks a great favor.
- Are there any other tire-themed cliches out there? When Kam Chancellor crushed Vernon Davis and knocked him out of the game, should we have said that he “slashed his tires?” Why are we so obsessed with tires anyways?
- The Seahawks now have $3.25 million more salary cap space. It its believed that the most likely use of it is to help extend Kam Chancellor, though that’s not the only possible use for the cap space.
- Is anyone else wondering why Eric Winston, Alan Branch, and John Abraham are still unsigned? John Schneider needs to make a couple phone calls and see if anyone’s price has dropped.
- Speaking of John Abraham, is there a formation with 5 DEs all on the field at the same time? Yeah, I didn’t think so. What you’d you call the formation? If 4 DEs is the NASCAR, wouldn’t 5 DEs be Forumla-1?
- I bet tires would taste like the color blue too.