Remember when getting draft picks signed was a big deal? While the new collective bargaining agreement has led to some interesting problems for the NFL and its players, this isn’t one of them.
On Friday, before the start of the rookie mini-camp, the Seahawks had already signed 7 of their 11 draft picks.
- 3rd round pick DT Jordan Hill
- 4th round pick WR Chris Harper
- 5th round pick DT Jesse Williams
- 5th round pick TE Luke Willson
- 7th round pick G Ryan Seymour
- 7th round pick LB Ty Powell
- 7th round pick G Jared Smith
- 2nd round pick Christine Michael
- 5th round pick Tharold Simon
- 6th round pick Spencer Ware
- 7th round pick Michael Bowie
I’ll admit, I don’t miss the old system one bit. The prolonged negotiations, the worries about getting picks signed before training camp began, and the holdouts. All of them are things that the NFL is better off without.
Topics: Seattle Seahawks