If you haven’t heard already, the infamous Tim Tebow is joining the New England Patriots. The result will, unfortunately, be wall to wall Tebow nausea being force fed to all of us by every major media outlet for the next few weeks.
I understand that by writing this, I am contributing to the stupidity. For that, I am sorry. I can guarantee that this will be the only Tebow related article I’ll write for the next few months.
The media coverage of this signing is going to be disgusting over the next week. It’s going to be painful, and we’re all going to have to live through it. But hey, let keep things positive. There are some silver linings here, and I would be remiss not to point them out.
1) People can finally stop making the completely asinine suggestion that the Seahawks should sign him.
2) The Seahawks don’t play the Patriots this year, so we don’t have to hear about him non-stop for a full week this year.
3) Anyone dumb enough to suggest that the Patriots bench Tom Brady for that bozo is just letting us know that we can, and should, ignore them. It is also an invitation to block them on twitter.
4) Bill Belichick limits media access more than any other coach in the NFL. Hopefully ESPN and the other media outlets will find it impossible to inundate us with new ways to cover this “story” and give up. Hopefully. (I’m not counting on it though)
5) I can think of worse things than to have the Tebow circus drag down the Patriots. I don’t hate them as much a couple other teams, but it’s not like I’ll be sad if they get torn apart by internal strife like Timmy has done to his past teams.
6) And finally: People can finally stop making the completely asinine suggestion that the Seahawks should sign him. I already wrote that? too bad. It’s true. They idea was pure stupidity from the beginning, and now we don’t have to deal with it any more.
Tags: Tim Tebow