Because you know you were looking for an excuse to slack off at work today.
I’m trying out a few feature that I’m hoping will be a weakly addition to the site. This is simply a list of my favorite Seahawks orientated stories published on this site and around the web over the last week. There’s nothing special about this list, other than I think that you’ll be missing out if you missed them.
We’ll see how this goes over the next few weeks. Hopefully we’ll have some fun with it and it wont be your usual boring link dump.
From The Best Seahawks Site… EVER!
- For the stats-minded fan, I projected some stats for Russell Wilson. I also admitted that I’ve been pressured into the trying to develop a better metric to evaluate QBs.
- Diane offered a masterfully crafted counter-point to my math-crazy analysis. I think I’m supposed to be offended, but I haven’t had a chance to run the numbers so perhaps that’s not true.
- David’s countdown of the best seasons in Seahawk’s history reached #6. This is the year of the Tony Romo botched FG hold in the playoffs.
- For those of you tired of tired of media outlets only focussing on the negative things that players get themselves involved in this time of year, I provided you with an alternative. I profiled Richard Sherman’s Blanket Coverage project and Marshawn Lynch’s Fam 1st Family Foundation. Just a couple of the many Seahawks who are doing wonderful things this offseason.
Around The Blogosphere
The local blogosphere still hasn’t “turned the light back on” just yet. There appears to be only just 2 other sites that are currently publishing regular content. I’m hoping this section will be larger in the weeks to come as more sites come out of their summer doldrums.
- Danny Kelly over at Field Gulls put together an extremely complete look at the 3 new RBs on the roster. There’s plenty of useful info, and some game film on Spencer Ware as well.
- Brian Nemhauser over at Hawkblogger offered up a counter-point to my semi-conservative stats projections for Russell Wilson in 2013. He looked at Wilson’s number over the final 8 games and asked “what if he was that good all year?”
The Usual Suspects (The Professionals)
- ESPN’s Mike Sando take a look at how many “elite” players each team in the division has, and compares the number of starters of all 4 teams and the categories based on talent. It’s actually not his ratings, but he does compile all the info for the division into a nice format.
- The non-news of the week belongs to NFL.com’s Chris Wesselling. He “reported” that the Seahawks will be moving Bruce Irvin to linebacker. The problem is that we’ve know that for months. Pete Carroll talked about it back in March after the Seahawks signed DEs Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett.
- The best available video this week can be found at the same link as the Bruce Irvin article above. NFL.com unveiled their picks for the most overrated and underrated Seahawks (players or coaches) of all time. Their picks are interesting, with Curt Warner as the most underrated, and Dave Kreig as the most overrated.
- Eric Williams over at the TNT has the truth about skittles and Marshawn Lynch, directly from Lynch’s mom. The story apparently isn’t as interesting as we’ve been led to believe.
- Bob Condotta of the Times takes a look how many carries Percy Harvin may get out of the backfield.
Tags: Seattle Seahawks