In one of the most talked about matchups of Week 5, the Seahawks will be visiting the Indianapolis Colts tomorrow in their quest to win their 10th consecutive regular season game.
It won’t be easy though — the Colts (3-1) have the tools to win big games like this one.
I spoke with Jeremy Nicholas, the co-editor of Naptown’s Finest, and he believes the Colts will beat the Seahawks in a hard-fought battle.
Here is the conversation:
1. The Colts are 3-1 this season. Is this record a surprise to you and Colts fans or was this where you expected this team to be heading into Week 5?
Personally, I predicted that the Colts would be 3-1 after the first month of the season, but in a different way. I expected the Colts to defeat the Miami Dolphins at home, but then lose on the road against the San Francisco 49ers. The Colts looked sloppy in their first two games, but have really hit their stride since then, and I’m very excited to see which team will show up against the Seahawks.
2. Which player on the Colts could be primed to have a breakout game against the Seahawks?
With injuries to Vick Ballard and Ahmad Bradshaw, it is now the Trent Richardson show in Indy. Richardson still hasn’t had much time to learn this new scheme, and that could hurt against the tough Seattle defense. Still, if Trent shows up and runs hard on Sunday, he will win over this fan base immediately.
3. What is Indianapolis’ biggest strength on the field? What’s their biggest weakness?
4. Which matchup is better for the Colts: their offense against the Seahawks defense or their defense against the Seahawks offense?
I think it’s kind of a wash, really. I think both defenses will give the opposing offenses a hard time. This game may come down to which team gets off one big scoring play.
5. What is your prediction for Sunday’ game?
I think the trip will be tough for Seattle. Traveling to Houston one week, then to Indy the next, is a lot of time in the air. The Colts crowd will be crazy, and the team is hungry for a statement game. Colts win 22-20.