I’m a couple days getting this posted, but what the heck, it’s been a really busy week. Here are the 3 draft prospects that I think are the most interesting to watch this week, and I’ve also added a little commentary on the 3 players I was set to watch a week ago.
Players To Watch:
- Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma – Some draft experts are starting to grumble about the offense they’re running this year, and how it’s less of pro-style than it used to be. Jones has all the tools, but he must show that he can be that Top NFL QB in order to solidify his position as the #3 QB prospect in the draft. Playing against #5 Florida State is a great time to have a big game.
- Lamichael James, RB, Oregon – James and the Oregon running game got completely shut down by LSU the opening week of the season. Last week Oregon ran up the score on Nevada, but did so mostly through the passing game. James has yet to have a 100-yard game. This week Oregon takes on Missouri State. If James can’t get the running game going and rack up the yards against an opponent like this, than we might be seeing James’ draft stock being dropping.
- Alameda Ta’amu, DT, Washington – The 337 pound run stuffer has been opening a few eyes lately. In Nebraska, Washington’s defense finally gets a decent test. The entire defense has looked pretty poor thus far, but a strong showing by Ta’amu in this game could help push him into the first round.
Last Week’s Watch List:
- Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama – The #1 running back on my board show’d me exactly what he needed to against a solid Penn St. defense. All he did was 111 yards with a 4.3 yards per carry average.
- Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina – Jeffery is the #1 receiver on my board at this point. At 6-4, he’s that big target that teams are looking for. I was looking for him to show up big against Georgia last week, and he did just that, with 5 catches for 83 yards.
- Kelechi Osemele OG, Iowa State – Iowa St. Isn’t exactly a powerhouse school, I’ve been looking for Osemele to justify his spot as the #2 guard on my board. I believe we got that this past week against Iowa. Iowa St. Rushed for 194 yard in the game, and Osemele showed that we was an uncommon road grater.