We wont get much in the way of injury updates this week. Teams do not have to issue an injury report, and reporters who cover the team aren’t allowed to report anything that isn’t mentioned in a press conference or “officially” made public by the team or coaches. That means that we wont have much in the way of info. Luckily, the Seahawks’ coaches have talked about a few things, and so far it’s mostly all good news.
First the good news:
- Mike Williams is expected to pass his post-concussion test and be able to practice this week, and play next week.
- John Moffitt only missed a couple plays. He’s fine and will practice and play without restriction
- Russell Okung subbed himself out of the game with an apparent ankle or calf injury. He returned later in the drive and then refused to even talk to the coaches about what was wrong. All he said was “It’s nothing.” He’ll practice and play without restrictions.
- KJ Wright missed time late in the game due to some minor cramping. He’s fine and ready to go this week.
- Marshawn Lynch was sick during the game and threw up on the sidelines. He also had leg cramps in the 4th quarter. Neither of those things lasted beyond Sunday. He also sprained his ankle early in the 1st quarter. Despite all that he still had his best regular season game as a Seahawk. They’ll hold him out of practice this week, but he’s fine and will be ready for next week’s practices and games.
- Robert Gallery is on the fast track to returning early from his injury. He’ll start working with the team this week. May be able to play as early as the Cleveland game, but I’d expect him to sit out that game and play in the next.
And now the not-so-good news:
- Tarvaris Jackson‘s pectoral strain is a “high grade” strain. That’s bad news. I wouldn’t expect him to play against Cleveland, but you never know.
- Marcus Trufant back isn’t improving as fast as everyone would like. He has a bruised sacrum, and it is apparently still painful.
- Jameson Konz, who was recently activated from the practice squad, will undergo season ending knee surgery this week.
- Leroy Hill left the game with a hamstring injury. He’ll skip practice this week but is expected to be back in time for the game against Cleveland. Hill has a long injury history, so anything is worrying with him.
- Zach Miller has a neck injury after getting hit in the head during the game. No word on the results of the MRI yet. All we know is that he’l miss practice this week for sure, and that he could be out longer than that.