Feb 2, 2014; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; Seattle Seahawks tackle Russell Okung (76) celebrates after winning Super Bowl XLVIII against the Denver Broncos at MetLife Stadium. Seattle Seahawks won 43-8. Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
1. Re-Watch Super Bowl XLVII
Having a hard time getting over Super Bowl XLIX? Still dealing with the hangover? Do what I do. DENIAL!!! Go back and watch the Super Bowl win over the Broncos from just 17 months ago. Watch the Sports Illustrated recap DVD. Watch the NFL Network shortened version. Or just go back to your DVR and watch the whole thing in it’s entirety, commercials and all (because surely you still have it on your DVR like me, right?) Remind yourself how dominant this team can be on their best days, and then take note of all the players from that game that are still part of our core, still young, still in their prime, still hungry…… in fact hungrier than ever now after what happened vs. the Pats.
Re-live the best day in Seahawk history, and then remember that there can be another day just like that.
In Santa Clara.
In 7 months.
The Dog Days of Football Summer are almost behind us.
More from 12th Man Rising
- 4 prospects Seahawks could reach for at No. 20 in 2023 NFL Draft
- Seattle Seahawks Mock Draft: Post-first wave of free agency
- Seahawks podcast: A review of the first week of free agency
- 4 experiments the Seattle Seahawks could cut short in 2023
- 3 pros and cons of Seattle Seahawks drafting Anthony Richardson