Seattle Seahawks Key Statistic: 0
Sep 27, 2015; Seattle, WA, USA; Seattle Seahawks strong safety Kam Chancellor (31) celebrates following a false-start penalty against the Chicago Bears during the first quarter at CenturyLink Field. Mandatory Credit: Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports
Zero interceptions this season.
For a team known and feared for its defense, the Seahawks defense has been very un-frightening so far this season. They’ve created only four turnovers, all of them fumble recoveries.
If the Seahawks want to compete with some of the best teams in the NFC (Green Bay and Arizona), they have to start creating turnovers. The offense tends to stall, and very rarely goes on long extended drives (unless they go uptempo).
Turnovers often equal wins. It’s as simple as that.
And if the Seahawks don’t start creating turnovers before facing legitimate teams like the Bengals, Panthers and Cardinals, they can kiss that Super Bowl berth goodbye.
More from 12th Man Rising
- 4 prospects Seahawks could reach for at No. 20 in 2023 NFL Draft
- Seattle Seahawks Mock Draft: Post-first wave of free agency
- Seahawks podcast: A review of the first week of free agency
- 4 experiments the Seattle Seahawks could cut short in 2023
- 3 pros and cons of Seattle Seahawks drafting Anthony Richardson