Oct 22, 2015; Santa Clara, CA, USA; Seattle Seahawks surround San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Bruce Ellington (10) during the fourth quarter at Levi
The defense finally finished
Seattle’s defense had blown fourth quarter leads in all four losses this season. They also almost blew the lead in the win over the Lions. The Seahawks defense just couldn’t seem to finish a game this year.
That didn’t happen this week. Finally they were able to put their foot down and stop a team from rallying.
When the Seahawks gave up a scoring drive and then had Wilson throw his second interception, the defense didn’t collapse like they have the last two weeks. Instead, they clamped down even tighter and didn’t give up another significant drive.
That’s a very good sign. This team has the talent on defense to be dominant like in past seasons. They seemed to find their swagger tonight.
Hopefully, they won’t lose it again this season.
More from 12th Man Rising
- 4 prospects Seahawks could reach for at No. 20 in 2023 NFL Draft
- Seattle Seahawks Mock Draft: Post-first wave of free agency
- Seahawks podcast: A review of the first week of free agency
- 4 experiments the Seattle Seahawks could cut short in 2023
- 3 pros and cons of Seattle Seahawks drafting Anthony Richardson