SECOND ROUND, 49TH PICK OVERALL:
Seahawks took – Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama (after trading up to get him)
I took – Le’Raven Clark, OT, Texas Tech
More from Seattle Seahawks Draft
- 4 prospects Seahawks could reach for at No. 20 in 2023 NFL Draft
- Seattle Seahawks Mock Draft: Post-first wave of free agency
- 3 pros and cons of Seattle Seahawks drafting Anthony Richardson
- Why the Seahawks should pass on Jalen Carter at pick number 5
- A detailed plan for the Seahawks offseason post-Geno Smith extension
If I had gone OT in the first, Reed would have been one of my obvious options here, but because I already took a D-lineman I had to grab a potential long-term answer for the offensive line. Clark, like Ifedi, comes from a spread offense and must make the difficult transition to a pro-style offense. But, he’s big, athletic, and was rumored to be on Seattle’s radar. He ended up going to the Colts in the 3rd round, 82nd overall.
It’ll be interesting to look back a couple years from now and see which combo ends up being more successful overall; Ifedi/Reed or Dodd/Clark.
Next: Back to Back offensive linemen