What the NFC West picks might mean for the Seahawks
Seahawks fans currently only have three draft picks, in the second, fourth and seventh rounds to speculate on as it stands. So a greater impact on the Seahawks 2021 prospects could well come from what the Rams, 49ers and Cardinals do with these picks.
But as according to pff.com the 49ers have the 13th most draft capital to invest, the Cardinals 25th most with the Rams and Seahawks having the 31st and 32nd most capital of 32 teams only the 49ers have a great chance to really upgrade their 2021 roster. Maybe this explains why this division has been soo active in free agency.
What Would be good news for the Seahawks then?
- The 49ers bungle their QB section in round 1 having traded up to get the QB of their dreams.
- The Rams not to draft a center in round 2
- The Rams don’t draft a defensive player in rounds 2 or 3.
- Then 49ers do not draft linebackers
- The Cardinals do not get their TE in rounds 1 or 2.
- The Cardinals neglect to draft an interior defensive lineman early in the draft.
- Neither the Rams or 49’ers draft a talented kick returner late in the draft.
The more of these that come to pass the bigger the smiles in Seattle should be. My next piece will take a final look at what draft strategies the Seahawks could and/or should employ.