Notes from the Nest: Seahawks play real football…kinda
4 of 5
The Seahawks offensive line blew away expectations
- Rookie left tackle Charles Cross was quietly dominant.
- You didn’t hear much and just like referees, that’s a great thing. The left tackle position is the most important in all of football. Seattle traded Russ for a haul, but the main prize so far is Cross. I’m so excited at the potential of a big-time left tackle.
- Abe Lucas was loudly mauling.
- The power is not just the pass game, but the run game was impressive. As evidenced by this epic pancake.
- Haynes deserves a shot.
- Haynes continues to prove that he can play the guard position really well and deserves his chance. At this stage in their careers, he seems like a cheaper and better option over the expensive Gabe Jackson.
- The starting line for Chicago
- Considering what we saw in week one of the preseason, I’d like to see the line across the board look like Cross, Haynes, Lewis, Curhan, Lucas in week two against the Bears. I believe this line is the future and gives Seattle the best chance at greatness, even with the inevitable growing pains.