Wow! What a game, what an atmosphere, what a moment for the Seahawks in Week 1!
As we begin our Notes from the Nest journey here in the regular season, the Broncos and your Seahawks just went to battle in an absolute war, a Shakespearean epic.
Your Seahawks came away victorious in a wild 17-16 battle. Let’s go!
Seahawks happiness: Seattle beats Russell Wilson and the Broncos in Week 1
- The crowd was electric, and expressed their frustration
- It was clear from the moment Russ stepped onto the field, he was going to be showered with boos. I was wrong, he felt a tidal wave of boos. I’ve never heard boos so loudly through the television, and my friends that went to the game compared it to playoff games of old. The 12th Man absolutely brought it tonight.
- Russ and the Broncos offense were clearly rattled. There were 3 false starts and two critical delay of game penalties, both eventually keeping the Broncos out of the endzone.
- The 64-yard field goal was already going to be a tall task for Brandon McManus, but to do it with the game on the line and the city of Seattle raining down on him, once again the 12th Man brought an MVP performance.
- The Seahawks heard the media
- The Seahawks heard it all summer, all preseason, all week, and even all night leading up to kickoff. Other than Seahawks fans and media in the know, no one thought the Seahawks had a chance.
- Geno and specifically the offensive line heard that, and physically manhandled the Broncos front seven for the first three drives. You could feel the controlled anger and the frustrations being let out, as they looked like the 90’s Dallas Cowboys in the first half.