2 of 4
The Seahawks defense was a mixed bag
- Nwosu is a fast dude
- Uchenna Nwosu showed some real explosiveness as a pass rusher for the Seahawks. Seven tackles and the chase-down sack on Russell Wilson were huge.
- The Seahawks will see their fair share of mobile QBs this season, and having a guy like Nwosu hunting them down will be huge.
- Linebackers got better
- It was a really rough start for the linebacking corps of the Seahawks. Jordyn Brooks and Cody Barton were getting gashed over and over in the first half.
- As the game wore on and the defense was on the field for virtually the entire second half, the linebackers held strong, and made critical plays down the stretch.
- Jordyn Brooks is gonna get so many freaking tackles, dude will mess around and be in the DPOY hunt if he can get a couple of turnovers.
- Cody Barton has been a bit of a polarizing player on this defense. After a rough start, he made two of the biggest plays of the game. The sack on Russell Wilson by Barton at the end of the 1st half saved a possible touchdown, and his massive tackle for loss on Javonte Williams halted all the momentum the Broncos had. If he doesn’t make that play, Williams runs for a while and the Broncos win.
- Run defense was a joke
- The reason the linebackers had such a rough start was that the Seahawks run defense was absolute trash.
- This isn’t a knock on Al Woods or Poona Ford, but more so on the edge rushers. The edge and the linebackers will need to get much better, or else Seattle is going to lose a lot of games this year.
- The NFC West has the two best outside zone running teams in the league between the 49ers and Rams, so Seattle needs to fix that asap.
- Bryant and Woolen learn a lesson
- The two players that have brought the most praise, Coby Bryant and Tariq Woolen, each had some tough moments in the game, but were able to bounce back. A better throw, and Jeudy burns Bryant by ten yards. If he gets his head around a second quicker, he’s got a pick. Bryant will be a solid player, Woolen physically looks like a star.
- What a draft by Schneider.