2 of 4
Seahawks lost to Jimmy G and not Trey Lance
- The new look 49ers
- What an emotional rollercoaster on Sunday for the 49ers.
- The Faithful were already on edge coming in at 0-1, knowing they had to get a win. The game started out on the right foot, with San Francisco running the ball down the Seahawks throat. With the Niners on the verge of another score, the game came to a tragic halt early in the first quarter as Trey Lance fractured his right ankle, ending his season early.
- I feel bad for Lance. He’s extremely talented, but has been put in such an awkward environment. You have to wonder what his future in San Francisco looks like after this. He’s still only started in the three full games, and still has not eclipsed 20 games started as a QB in both the college and NFL combined. The talent is there, but it needs refinement and commitment from a franchise. That franchise might no longer be in San Francisco though.
- After the injury, Jimmy Garoppolo entered the game, adding another chapter to the wild Jimmy G saga in San Francisco. Garoppolo responded by going 13/21 for 154 yards passing and two total touchdowns.
- With Garoppolo back in charge, the 49ers once again appear to be the most dangerous team in the NFC. Last year when healthy, Garoppolo and the 49ers were the most complete team in the NFC. Were it not for a few mistakes late in the NFC Championship, I believe the 49ers were going to win the championship. They may be on that path again with the underrated Garoppolo.