The Seattle Seahawks are all of a sudden looking like contenders in the NFC through their first six games of the season.
Now, they have a new kind of challenge ahead of them in Week 8 when they take on the best defense in the NFL in the Cleveland Browns. If they can win, their offense will prove they can be successful against elite defenses, which is big for their hopes of going on a deep playoff run.
If you want my best bet for every game on the Week 8 slate, you can find them in the latest edition of the Road to 272 Bets here.
If you want to bet on (or against) the Seahawks this week, you should do it at DraftKings Sportsbook. If you're a new user, click the link below to sign up for an account and you'll receive $200 in bonus bets and daily sweat-free same-game parlays when you place your first $5 bet!
Browns vs. Seahawks odds, spread, and total
Browns vs. Seahawks betting trends
- The UNDER is 9-4 in the Browns' last 13 games
- Browns are 1-4 ATS in their last five road games
- Browns are 1-6 ATS in their last seven games vs. NFC West opponents
- Seahawks are 4-1 ATS in their last five games
- The UNDER is 8-3 in the Seahawks' last 11 games
- Seahawks are 6-3 ATS in their last nine games vs. AFC North opponents
- The UNDER is 5-1 in the Seahawks' last six home games
Browns vs. Seahawks injury reports
Cleveland Browns injury report
- Jerome Ford - RB - Doubtful
- Deshaun Watson - QB - Questionable
- Kareem Hunt - RB - Questionable
- David Njoku - TE - Questionable
- Marquise Goodwin - WR - Questionable
Seattle Seahawks injury report
- Uchenna Nwosu - LB - Out
- Zach Charbonnet - RB - Questionable
- Evan Brown - C - Questionable
- Phil Haynes - G - Questionable
- DK Metcalf - WR - Questionable
Browns vs. Seahawks how to watch
- Date: Sunday, October 29
- Game Time: 4:05 p.m. EST
- Venue: Lumen Field
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- Cleveland Browns Record: 4-2
- Seattle Seahawks Record: 4-2
Browns vs. Seahawks key players to watch
PJ Walker: The Browns have announced that PJ Walker will start this week while Deshaun Watson rehabs an injury. Walker has been bad for the Browns in relief of Watson, completing 50% of passes, zero touchdowns, and three interceptions. He needs to step up in a big way for the Browns to have a chance to take down the Seahawks.
Geno Smith: The Indianapolis Colts were able to throw the ball with success against the Browns last week, which means Geno Smith should be able to mimic that success. He's having a solid season, but still hasn't been able to quite recreate the magic he had in the first half of the 2022 season. We'll see if he can find that on Sunday.
Browns vs. Seahawks prediction and pick
No team in the NFL gains a higher percentage of their offensive yards on the ground than the Browns with 46.21% of their yards coming through the running game. Now, they face a Seahawks team that has the best run defense in the NFL. They're third in opponent yards per carry (3.5) and first in opponent rush success rate (31.4%).
That means this is a nightmare matchup for the Browns, especially with PJ Walker at quarterback.
The Seahawks are starting to establish themselves as legitimate contenders in the NFC and heading into Week 8 of the season, they rank fifth in the entire NFL in Net yards per Play at +0.8, behind only the Dolphins, Ravens, 49ers, and Chiefs. It's time to take this Seattle team seriously.
I think the Seahawks win and cover the 3.5-point spread on Sunday.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!