Seahawks OC Shane Waldron will likely be gone soon
In Week 2, Waldron called an almost perfect game. I thought Seattle didn't run the ball enough in Week 1, honestly, but Waldron saw it a different way and he makes the big money and I don't. The fact is, Shane Waldron is good at what he does and is very good at handling quarterbacks. Does one think Geno Smith would not have made such a smooth transition from long-term backup to productive starter if Waldron had not been his OC?
That's a long way of saying I doubt that Waldron sticks around in Seattle for many more years. Heck, he could be gone after 2023. It's only a matter of time before some other team snaps him up and makes him their head coach. Waldron would have been part of two great coaching trees as well. He has worked under Sean McVay and also Pete Carroll.
Week 3 predictions!
Sunday should be a game that Seattle wins. While banged up a bit, Carolina has it worse. And the Seahawks started with more talent on their roster to begin with. One key to a Seattle victory will be to get the run game going. So far in 2023, Seattle is 20th in yards per carry (3.9) in the NFL, but Carolina is allowing 132 rushing yards per game (seventh-worst in the league) and allows 4.5 yards per carry (22nd in the league).
So who is picking who to win? Here is a collection of excellent people making somewhat fantastic picks. (Only, if they choose the Seahawks to win, right?)
- Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times: Seahawks 20 Panthers 13
- Larry Stone of the Seattle Times: Seahawks 30 Panthers 20
- Matt Calkins of the Seattle Times: Seahawks 24 Panthers 17
- Seth Walder of ESPN: Seahawks 24 Panthers 17
- Eric Moody of ESPN: Seahawks 28 Panthers 17
- Tom Blair of NFL.com: Seahawks 26 Panthers 10
- Pete Prisco of CBS Sports: Seahawks 24 Panthers 14
- Me: Seahawks 24 Panthers 21