National media makes their Seahawks vs. Commanders picks
So Seattle has to win in Week 10, right? A loss would drop the team to 5-4 and they would have lost to both the 3-6 Los Angeles Rams and the would-be 5-5 Washington Commanders at Lumen Field. Plus, depending on how the Seahawks were to lose to the Commanders, things could be really ugly. If Geno Smith has a bad game, lots of 12s will have very not-nice things to say.
But let's try to be positive. Yeah, Week 9 was ugly, but Seattle is the same team that defeated the Lions in Detroit and beat a tough Browns defense that shut out the Arizona Cardinals in Week 9. The NFL is a week-by-week business, though the Seahawks definitely cannot afford a repeat of what happened in Baltimore.
I think Seattle gets the victory over Washington, though the score might be closer than some want. Washington isn't awful and they are well-coached. Seattle gets the win 28-20 with a solid performance from Geno Smith and a breakout game by running back Zach Charbonnet. Boye Mafe will get 3 sacks. Here is what the national media thinks:
- Mike Florio of NBC Sports: Seahawks 30 Commanders 20
- Chris Simms of NBC Sports: Seahawks 30 Commanders 21
- Ali Bhanpuri of NFL.com: Seahawks 24 Commanders 17
- Tom Blair of NFL.com: Seahawks 27 Commanders 20
- Brooke Cersosimo of NFL.com: Seahawks 26 Commanders 21
- Gennaro Filice of NFL.com: Commanders 26 Seahawks 23
- Dan Parr of NFL.com: Seahawks 24 Commanders 20
- Every ESPN expert picked the Seahawks