National media makes its picks (and so do I) for Week 8
Seattle and Cleveland's Week 8 matchup is an interesting one for many reasons. For instance, the Browns won't have QB1 Deshaun Watson and might not have running back Jerome Ford. But Watson hasn't been good this year and Cleveland is still 4-2. That's because the Browns have a fantastic and well-rounded defense that doesn't appear to have any obvious weakness.
The Seahawks are also 4-2 but they haven't had a consistent set of pieces for their offensive line all season. Also, Geno Smith has turned the ball over a couple more times this year than he did at the same time last year. At least Seattle's defense has been better than expected and that has allowed Seattle to be a couple of backup quarterbacks and a bad Giants team while also defeating for good Lions team in Detroit.
So Week 8 could simply come down to which defense is better and which quarterback turns the ball over less. I think Geno Smith does just enough and Seattle runs the ball fairly well while the Seahawks defense limits the Browns offense and Seattle wins 16-12. Here are some other thoughts from national and Seattle media.
- Bob Condotta (Seattle Times): Seattle 20 Cleveland 13
- Larry Stone (Seattle Times): Seattle 24 Cleveland 17
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports): Cleveland (no score given)
- Will Brinson (CBS Sports): Seattle (no score given)
- Brooke Cersosimo (NFL.com): Seattle 24 Cleveland 16
- Ali Bhanpuri (NFL.com): Seattle 23 Cleveland 18
- Mike Florio (NBC Sports): Seattle 23 Cleveland 20
- Chris Simms (NBC Sports): Seattle 20 Cleveland 17