The Seahawks march to the postseason continued with a thrilling comeback against the Tennessee Titans on the road, and now are back home to further its claim against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Can the Seahawks take care of business as a home as a considerable and remain on its playoff push? The Steelers will start Mason Rudolph in hopes of him continuing to spark improved offensive play, will it travel?
Here's our betting preview for the Seahawks and Steelers on Sunday in Week 17 action with a ton of playoff implications on the line.
New Caesars Sportsbook users can get their first bet matched up to $1,000 when they sign up below! Don't miss out ahead of the postseason!
Steelers vs. Seahawks odds, spread and total
Seahawks vs. Steelers betting trends
- The Seahawks are 3-4-1 against the spread (ATS) this season as a favorite
- The Steelers are 5-4 as an underdog this season
- The Steelers went UNDER in 11 of 17 games this season
- The Steelers have gone UNDER in five of six road games
Steelers vs. Seahawks injury reports
Steelers Injury Report
- Kenny Pickett - QB - Questionable
- Minkah Fitzpatrick - S - Questionable
- Trenton Thompson - DB - Questionable
- Najee Harris - RB - Questionable
- Elandon Roberts - OLB - Questionable
- Isaac Seumalo - G - Questionable
Seahawks Injury Report
- Jamal Adams - S - Questionable
- Nick Bellore - LB - Questionable
- Jake Bobo - WR Questionable
- Anthony Bradford - G - Questionable
- Jordyn Brooks - LB - Questionable
- Tre Brown - CB - Questionable
- Mario Edwards - DE - Questionable
- D'Wayne Eskridge - WR - Questionable
- Noah Fant - TE - Questionable
- Dre'Mont Jones - DE - Questionable
- Damien Lewis - G - Questionable
- Abraham Lucas - OT - Questionable
- Kenneth Walker III - RB - Questionable
- Devon Witherspoon - CB - Questionable
Steelers vs. Seahawks How to Watch
- Date: Sunday, December 31st
- Game Time: 4:05 PM EST
- Venue: Lumen Field
- How to Watch (TV): FOX
- Steelers Record: 8-7
- Seahawks Record: 8-7
Steelers vs. Seahawks Key Players to Watch
Mason Rudolph: Rudolph stepped in for Mitch Trubisky, who was benched after a handful of ineffective starts in place of Kenny Pickett, and led the Steelers to a season-saving win against the Bengals. Rudolph tossed two touchdowns on 290 yards to secure the win.
Geno Smith: After missing the two weeks prior, Smith returned to the field and egineered a game winning touchdown drive to keep the team firmly in control of its standing in the NFC Wild Card picture. Smith completed more than 69% of his passes for 227 yards and two touchdowns in the win. He'll face a far tougher test on Sunday, though, up against the Steelers eighth ranked defense in terms of EPA/Dropback.
Steelers vs. Seahawks Prediction and Pick
The Steelers deserve credit for out-classing the Bengals at home to stay in the playoff mix, but this number is a far overreaction after the team closed as a three-point home underdog just last Saturday.
The Seahawks are 11th in EPA/Play this season, able to find answers on the ground and stretch the field vertically with the likes of D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett. While the Steelers got a nice bump from Rudolph last week, this is still someone who hasn't held onto his position in the league and has been the team's third stringer.
Traveling across the country, and a week more of game film, I expect the Seahawks defense to get back on track against Rudolph.
This is a unit that is 32nd in EPA/Play since Week 10, but here are the teams that they have faced in that span: Commanders, at Rams, 49ers, at Cowboys, at 49ers, Eagles and at Titans.
It's not a murder's row, but the team has had its hands full. I believe the defense can thrive at home against a poor quarterback.
Lay it with Seattle.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Track Reed's bets here!