This game should quiet down the “tanking it” and “suck for luck” crowds. Hard to put Seattle in the same group as KC, Rams, and Colts right now. Personally, this win didn’t change my view of the team at all. I still think the defense is very good, and the offense isn’t good enough to win many games.
Here’s my game notes:
- Kam Chancellor is awesome. If you didn’t know that already, you should know that now. The dude is a beast of a safety, and one of the reasons this defense is so good.
- Chris Clemons would get my game ball, if I had one to give out. While Rice will get all the publicity, it was the defense that one this game, and Clemons was the game’s best defensive player.
- Brandon Browner had a better game, but better is relative and in this case it’s still not very good. Fitz was held to 5 receptions for 64 yards and TD. All 5 receptions were against Browner. About half the game Fitz was covered by Trufant, and he had 0 catches in those plays. Browner also had another pass interference penalty, and this one almost gave the game away in the closing seconds. Good thing Chancellor bailed him out with an INT to end the threat.
- Jackson was 18 of 31 for 171 yards, with 0 TD and 1 INT. Ignore the INT. it was on a hail mary pass and seriously those don’t count. 171 yards against the worst pass defense in the NFL? That’s not going to cut it. This win isn’t going to quiet down the calls for a QB change.
- Give Jackson credit for being tough though. He took another 4 sacks (that 14 on the year) and had that awesome TD run.