Dec 23, 2012, Seattle, WA, USA; Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Golden Tate (81) celebrates with fans following a 42-13 victory over the San Francisco 49ers at CenturyLink Field. Mandatory Credit: Joe Nicholson-USA TODAY Sports
The Seattle Seahawks gave the 12th Man an early Christmas present today. The 42-13 blowout of San Francisco was more than we could have asked for, but the team delivered in grand fashion.
Hanging 50 points on both the Bills and the Cardinals is big, but they’re the Bills and the Cardinals. They aren’t good teams. Putting up 42 on the 49ers is something completely different. The 49ers are a damn good football team, and the Seahawks completely wiped the floor with them. You just don’t get more impressive of a showing than what we saw today. You don’t. Period.
Enjoy it 12th Man. It sure feels good.
- Seahawks had 9 drives: 6 TDs, 1 turnover, 1 punt, and knee-downs to end the game. And that was against the league’s #1 scoring defense before this week.
- Wilson was an efficient 15 of 21 for 171 yards, 4 TDs and 1 int, and a 115.3 rating
- Lynch has 26 carries for 111 yards and 1 TD. Lynch has 3 of the last 5 100-yard games vs the 49ers.
- The offensive line had their best game of the year, and did so against the best front 7 in the NFL.
- I owe JR Sweezy and apology. I said on twitter before the game that he was a liability especially in pass protection, but I was wrong. He wasn’t. Sweezy redeemed himself very well from his early season struggles by being surprisingly solid. Sweezy really could be the RG of the future.
- Jermaine Kearse was on the field a lot in the 3rd quarter, and at the expense of Golden Tate. Tate was back later and was never seemed to be injured. Not sure what, if anything, this means.
- Red Bryant appeared to finally be healthy after 2 months of dealing with a foot injury. His health matters so much to this defense.
- Frank Gore’s stat line for the game: 6 carries, 28 yards. He was 5 for 10 yards at halftime.
- Lane and Maxwell both played well again. I feel so much better about the CB depth on this roster right now. once Thurmond comes back, and Browner, Seattle will have unheard of depth at the position.
- Richard Sherman is the best CB in NFL. He got beat once. made up for it with a point saving pick. He also took that blocked FG back for a TD.
- Bobby Wagner had 9 more tackles. His DRoY candidacy took another step today.
- Kaepernick finished 19/36 for 224 yards, 1 pick, and a garbage time TD. This entire defense was ballin today.
- Only 4 penalties. Again. Even in a rivalry game where it was chipy the entire time. Credit the coaches. It seems they finally got this under control.
- There was a lot of dropped balls by the 49ers this week. Those big hits by Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas tend to cause that.
- Seahawks have outscored their opponents 150-30 over the last 3 games.