Seattle Seahawks Favored In 13 Games In 2014
By Keith Myers
Feb 3, 2013; New Orleans, LA, USA; A general view of a goal line pylon with the Super Bowl XLVII logo at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
Yesterday I pointed out that Vegas has the Seahawks at 10 wins for this upcoming season. I decided to do some more digging, and found that there are currently odds available for games for weeks 1 through 16.
I starting compiling all the necessary info from Cantor, but then it was pointed out to me that the National Football Post, has already done that for me. Pretty awesome stuff. Check out that link if you want to see the lines for every game.
Here’s short version for the Seahawks:
- Despite only predicting 10 wins, the Seahawks are favorites in 13 of 15 games.
- Being a favorite 13 times is tied for the most of any team. Other with 13 are San Francisco and Denver.
- Seattle is the underdog just once, tied with the 2 teams listed above, but that isn’t the lowest total. The Patriots are never underdogs, though they do have 3 “pick” games, more than any team.
- The Seahawks are favored on the road vs. Houston and against the Giants.
- The Seahawks are favored at home against the 49ers. The road game vs the 49ers is the only time Seattle isn’t favored.
- Seattle’s game on the road vs. Atlanta is a “pick” game.
- Seahawks are 14 point favorites vs. the Jaguars, which is scary.
Some Notes For the NFC West
- The Cardinals are never favored. The Jaguars are the only other team that is never favored.
- The Cards do have 3 “pick” games: Jaguards, Rams and Colts.
- The Rams are favored in just 4 games: AZ, Jaguars, Bucs and Titans
- The 49ers are only underdogs for their game in Seattle, they also have a “pick” game on the road vs the Saints.
Other Random Notes:
- The Colts and Vkings, both playoff teams from a year ago, are both only favored in 5 games.
- The Jets are somehow favored in 5 games.
- Oakland is favored in 2 games, which makes little sense.
- The Bills are favored twice, but the first time isn’t until week 9.