2014 All-NFC West Team: Offensive Line
Tackles — Joe Staley 49ers; Russell Okung, Seahawks
Jan 12, 2013; San Francisco, CA, USA; San Francisco 49ers tackleJoe Staley
(74) defends against Green Bay Packers safetyMorgan Burnett
(42) during the second quarter of the NFC divisional round playoff game at Candlestick Park. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
- Russell Okung, Michael Bowie, Seahawks
- Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, 49ers
- Jared Veldheer, Bradley Sowell, Cardinals
- Jake Long, Joe Barksdale, Rams
Staley has consistently shown he is one of the best tackles in the game and he has become an anchor on the 49ers offensive line.
His ability to run-block has propelled Frank Gore into one of the games premiere backs and his pass protection has allowed Colin Kaepernick extra time in the pocket to make key throws.
Staley has started every game for the 49ers the past three seasons and he has made the Pro Bowl in each of those three years.
Okung was named to the Pro Bowl in 2012 and proved his worth as one of the most reliable offensive lineman on the Seahawks (minus perhaps Max Unger).
Though Okung was hurt last season, his presence on the O-line in Seattle helped pave the way for Marshawn Lynch and company to average 136 rushing yards per game, fourth best in the NFL.
Okung has stiff competition to make our All-NFC West team next season though. Jake Long was nearly voted to our team this season, but the editors eventually decided on Okung.
Long has four Pro Bowls under his belt and is as good as anyone in the league when healthy.