The month of November was very “Seattle like” as fans embarked on an emotional rollercoaster for 30 days.
The Seattle Seahawks entered the month of October with a record of 5-1 and a strong hold on first place in the NFC West. Many 12s felt good heading into the month of November as it was headlined with multiple divisional games. Fans anticipated that Seattle would be able to grow their first place lead in the toughest division. But, there are many aspects of football that you can just simply not predict.
For starters, there are the injuries that occur in a split second that you never saw coming. This has been a factor in this division as the San Francisco 49ers have been injury-riddled ever since Week 2. The injury bug bit Seattle and it cost them a couple of big games in the heart of this November stretch. But, then came the bad play of Russell Wilson combined with the struggles of this defense and before you know it, the Seahawks were sitting in third place in the West.
In typical Seattle fashion, as fans were on the edge of their seats in emotional distress, they storm back and regain first place in the NFC West to close out the month of November.
Now, let’s take a recap of the month of November for the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaking of injuries, prior to the month of November, the Seahawks were pretty banged up. Unfortunately, it got even worse. In my edition of the October review for the Seattle Seahawks, we left off with the following injuries:
- HB Chris Carson — foot injury — returned in Week 12 against the Eagles
- WR Philip Dorsett — was expected back soon, but a setback in his injury will cause him to miss the remainder of the year.
- DE Darrell Taylor — still recovering from leg surgery — anticipating a return soon
- CB Quinton Dunbar — returned from injury — back on IR
- SS Jamal Adams — returned from groin injury — now dealing with a shoulder injury (still playing)
- SS Lano Hill — missed month of November (back)
Throughout the play of November, the Seattle Seahawks added players to the injury report.
- HB Carlos Hyde — shoulder injury — returned in Week 11 against the Cardinals
- HB Travis Homer — knee injury
- G Mike Iupati — missed several games with a back/hip injury — returned in Week 11 against the Eagles
- G Jordan Simmons — calf injury
- C Kyle Fuller — ankle injury
- C Ethan Pocic – concussion — returned in Week 12 against the Eagles
- CB Shaquill Griffin — concussion — returned in Week 12 against the Eagles
Seattle was pretty banged up coming into the month of November and took even more a beating as the month progressed. While they are getting healthier with December on the helm, the number of injuries this team sustained cost them to lose some offensive rhythm. But, all that matters is this team gets healthy and right, just in time for the playoffs.