I’ve been contacted by the Washington State Department of Transportation about creating a post to help inform commuters about potential delays this Sunday.
Of course I was willing to help. I’d hate to see any fans miss the opening kickoff because of traffic delays due to construction in the area.
Here is the alert with information I’ve received from the WSDOT:
Construction Alert for Seahawks vs. Rams Game September 13th – Consider giving yourself a little extra time to get to Qwest Field this weekend. Construction of a new off-ramp from I-90/I-5 and a new overpass on S. Royal Brougham Way is underway. Give yourself plenty of time to find parking and get to the game. For additional information please go to www.wsdot.wa.gov/Projects/SR519 or call 1-800-400-0761.
What you can do to get to the game on time:
• Allow extra time
• Check real-time traffic on freeways at www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/seattle and on city streets at web5.seattle.gov/travelers
• Avoid S. Royal Brougham Way unless you plan to park at Qwest Field Garage
• Park downtown and walk or take the bus
• Consider using transit or carpooling
• Use the International District Station if taking Light Rail
• Pay attention to construction signs
So be sure to leave early and have fun! It should be a great opener this Sunday at Qwest.