The Seahawks limp into this weeks game against Cincinnati with some major injury problems on the injured list. On the positive side of things, it looks like some key pieces are returning. On the other hand, the Seahawks lost another CB for the year when Walter Thurmond broke his leg in last week’s game. The quality of the depth on this team is definitely being tested.
- Tarvaris Jackson is practicing more, and might play this week. We wont know until after practice on Friday when he tests his injured pectoral mussel. Getting Jackson back would be a huge boost, but I don’t expect him back until next week.
- Zach Miller was cleared today to begin practicing and playing without limitation. This is a huge boost to the passing game, and McCoy has shown to be extremely limited in that regard.
- Marshawn Lynch was a late scratch last Sunday with a back problem. He’s returned to practice this week and is reportedly good to go and will back in the starting lineup against the Bangles.
- Max Unger has been limited in practice with continued foot problems. There’s been no indication that he’s vastly improved, so at this point I’m expecting him to miss his second straight game. There’s been talk that John Moffitt has been getting some reps at center the past week and a half. I could see the coaches moving him there and playing either Polumbus or McQuistan getting the start at RG. Probably not going to happen though.
- Kam Chancellor‘s knee was acting up a bit again earlier this week. (remember that he missed the game against the Falcons with w knee injury). He practiced w/o limitation this week, but he was listed on he injury report. It’s something to keep an eye on, but it’s nothing serious.
- Cornerback Problems: Over the last 2 games, the Seahawks have lost their best 2 corners for the rest of the year. Without Trufant and Thurmond, it’s looks like Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman will be starting this week. This is definitely a cause for concern. I’ll post update this situation tomorrow as we get more information.