This game was such one-sided disaster for the Cardinals there’s just not a lot of analysis necessary. So, I thought I’d list some of my random thoughts from the game and it’s aftermath.
- I wonder if the Cardinals would trade Larry Fitzgerald for Matt Flynn and a draft pick… They really need a QB. Larry caught one pass today.
- Cardinal’s fans and management shouldn’t blame Ken Whisenhunt. He didn’t fumble a single ball or throw a single interception. And who didn’t draft a high round QB last year?
- I know what Russell Wilson means about blowouts not being as much fun as a close game. This game was not fun to watch. By the middle of the third quarter I was rooting for the Cardinals to show some life, something, anything…
- This game may do more harm than good for the Seahawks collective ego. They caught a team at the bottom of their fall from respectability. That’s not going to happen again for a long time. The Hawks should not let this game convince them they have suddenly gotten that much better.
- Russell Wilson didn’t help himself to win Rookie of the Year. Not that he didn’t look good, but the Hawks would have won this game with Stan Gelbaugh under center.
- 10 penalties for 97 yds… Some bad habits returned for Sherman and Giacomini.
- Wish list for next draft: Get someone to replace Giacomini and his mindless penalties.
- I should have gone fishing rather than watch this game. Not that it wasn’t good that they won, but this game didn’t really prove anything.
- It’s good the second and third team guys got to play some. If the Seahawks make the playoffs it will help that they had this experience.
- Where was this when the Hawks played Miami, Detroit, and St. Louis? Let’s hope they saved something for Buffalo. The Buffalo game scares me.
- Matt Flynn looked worse than Russell Wilson ever has. He overthrew receivers by a LOT and almost got Sydney Rice killed on that pass over the middle. You don’t throw that ball to your #1 receiver when you’re up by 50.
- Richard Sherman is a great player, he needs to act like he’s been there before when he does something great.
Well, that’s about it from my perspective. Fair? Unfair? Have some of your own?