As I said last week, Riley and I have decided to have a little competition in picking games. We still need an idea for the youtube vid that the loser must create. Please send me your ideas.
Last week wasn’t a good showing by either of us. We both only got one pick right. For Riley it was the Jets over the Cowboys. For me it was the Texans over the Colts. Lets just ignore the other picks from last week, and they weren’t pretty. How’s that sounds? On to this week’s picks:
- Upset: TB over Min – One team is on the rise and the other is fading.
- Upset: Ari over Wash – I am simply picking against Mike Shanahan. Is he related to Roass Perot?
- Detroit over KC – Detroit is a team loaded with potential after years of failure. It’s gotta pop sometime, and I think this is their year.
- Pitt -17 I hate to give so many points. Especially when the defense looked so good, but the Special Teams is severely suspect, the Steelers are at home after being humiliated in Baltimore, and I thought I heard that this was the same referee crew as SB XL. I would love to be proven wrong on this one, but the Seahawks could be taking a knife to a gun fight.
- Packers over Patherns – Cam finally plays against a good NFL team, and it’ll show.
- Ravens over Titans – Hasselbeck era in Tennessee goes to 0-2
- Upset: Bears over Saints – The Saint’s Defense will make the Bears look good.
- Pittsburgh by 4 – I really don’t see this as much of a blowout as people make it to be. The Seahawks D is pretty good, and they’ll keep the score down. It’s the other side of the ball that lets the Seahawks down though. That young O-line vs. the Steelers 3-4 defense just isn’t fair. I just hope that Jackson doesn’t get hurt, because I expect him to end up taking a lot of hits.
Results so far:
- Riley: 1-2
- Me: 1-2
- Pick 3 games each week
- At least 1 pick must be an upset
- We also pick the Seahawks game, but it doesn’t count for the competition