These are the must frustrating types of games. I’ve had to wait several hours since the game ended in order to be able to write up a semi-coherent game summary. The Seahawks lost a game to an inferior team, and blew a 10 point 4th quarter lead in doing so. In my mind, this game, and not the Cleveland game, is the worst loss of the year. I really hope it can’t get any worse than this.
Rather than sit here and rant until I start foaming at the mouth, I’ll just jump to my game notes. I hope that you don’t mind. Here’s my notes:
- Tarvaris Jackson had one of his worst game’s as a Seahawk. He was clearly in tremendous pain for most of the game. I don’t think anyone can doubt his toughness. The problem is that his torn pectoral mussel has obviously gotten worse and is now effecting his ability to lead this offense. The team is still better with Jackson under center than with Whitehurst, at least in my opinion.
- Marshawn Lynch had another beastly game. 24 rushes for 111 yards. Lynch and the running game did their part to earn a victory today.
- The penalties continue to be simply stupid. 9 more for 91 yards. I’ve said what I’m going to say on the subject. Either the team chooses to do something about it, or they continue to lose. Ending the penalty problem is a choice. I’m tired of the excuses.
- Brandon Browner has won over most of Seahawks Nation simply by not being Kelly Jennings. Despite the love he’s receiving from the fan, he continues to hurt the team much more than he helps it. He now has 20 penalties for over 200 yards. At this rate, he’ll account for an entire game’s worth of opposing yards just in the penalties he’s given up. He’s also getting beat deep with regularity, including the 55 yard TD that let the Redskins back into the game.
- The Seahawks managed just one sack. The lack of a pass rush has been a problem all season, and it really hurt today.
- Red Bryant needs to make the pro-bowl. On top of being one of the best run stopping defensive lineman in the NFL (#5 according to pro football focus) He block 2 more kicks today, giving him 4 on the season. This is a team record. The NFL record is 12. I don’t think he’ll get there this season, but at least he’ll have a goal for next year.