This was an absolutely horrendous loss by the Seahawks. This game likely cost the Seahawks a playoff spot. It was poorly played all around by the entire team: Players, coaches, offense, defense, everyone. Absolutely disgusting game for the Seahawks.
NOV 25, 2012; Miami, FL, USA; Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch (24) is stopped by Miami Dolphins outside linebacker Kevin Burnett (56) in the second half at Sun Life Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Robert Mayer-US PRESSWIRE
No, this game did not eliminate the Seahawks from playoff contention, but they now must win on the road against the Bears and the Bills to have a shot. For a team that is 1-5 on the road, that isn’t likely to happen. Really, the Seahawks playoff chances took a HUGE hit this week.
I’m clearly upset at the pathetic performance by the team this week. I’ll save most of my ranting for later once I’ve calmed down some.
- Twice the Seahawks came within 5 yards of a FG and then went backwards on 3 straight plays. That’s completely unacceptable.
- Russell Wilson final stat line: 21/27, 224 yards, 2 TDs, 0 Ints, 125.9 rating. He was also the team’s leading rusher until late in the 4th quarter. Wilson was not the problem in this game.
- Lynch had just 46 yards rushing, most of which came late in the game.
- The game plan this week was very poorly put together. Ran right into the strength of the defense, and refused to take advantage of their weakness.
- Golden Tate has a tremendous catch that finally got the Seahawks offense going. It’s good to see him using that athletic ability for a change. He then disappeared for another long stretch of the game, as he usually does. He is so frustrating, because he has so much talent, and just can’t consistently find ways to use it productively.
- The Defense was very good early in the game. When the offense couldn’t get a first down, they kept this team in the game with some very solid play.
- As good as they were early in the game, they were just as bad late. Lots of reasons why, but being on the field for very long stretches was one of them.
- LeRoy Hill needs to go away. He had an absolutely awful game, to go with an absolutely awful season, and was one of the big reasons for the Seahawk’s late collapse.
- Defensive line really isn’t getting it done either. Mebane and Bryant specifically were bad for most of this game. Highest paid group on the team, and is currently a major liability.
- Sprinklers? Really Miami? How completely incompetent do you have to be for that to happen? Pathetic.
- More than anything, this loss needs to by hung on the coaches. Team was completely unprepared and confused at the start of the game. Very poor game planning. Very poor use of the talents on this team.
- 10 more penalties. How long do we have to go before we realize that this particular group of coaches is simply incapable of taking care of this problem.
- It’s looking more and more like Pete Carroll is going to be one of those coaches who set up someone else to look very good. It just doesn’t seem like he’s going to be able to win consistently in this league, even though he’s worked miracles at improving the talent all over the roster.
- I don’t normally complain about the refs, but they were worse than the replacement refs this week. The NFL should be embarrassed about that penalty on Earl Thomas. Embarrassed. It was completely pathetic, changed the entire game, and was only one of many horrible calls in this game.