Richard Sherman has everything going his way right now.
Aside from all of his heroics on the field for the best team in the NFL, we learned on Saturday that he is a finalist to be on the cover of Madden NFL 15, and now we know he will be the newest spokesperson for Campbell’s “Mama’s Boy” campaign.
It was announced over the weekend that Sherman’s newest endorsement deal will be with Campbell’s Chunky Soup, starting at the beginnning of the 2014 season.
More from Seattle Seahawks News
- 4 prospects Seahawks could reach for at No. 20 in 2023 NFL Draft
- Seattle Seahawks Mock Draft: Post-first wave of free agency
- Seahawks podcast: A review of the first week of free agency
- 4 experiments the Seattle Seahawks could cut short in 2023
- 3 pros and cons of Seattle Seahawks drafting Anthony Richardson
The advertisements will be filmed exclusively with Sherman and his mother, Beverly, instead of an actress as has been done in recent years.
Filming began this weekend and the ads are expected to air in August.
Sherman seems like the right fit for the campaign.
He is a passionate player who has shown leadership on the field and in his community to serve as a great role model for a number of individuals.
The Associated Press reported that Sherman had “been on Campbell’s radar” since the beginning of last season, but they went ahead and made the deal official this weekend.
Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews was the last NFL player to be featured by Campbell’s Chunky Soup.